Under the direction of the General Manager, the Lifestyle Director plans and implements recreational activities, which include but are not limited to special events, adult education, and the scheduling of clubhouse facilities for recreational use. The Lifestyle Director will have significant contact with residents and vendors associated with Clubhouse Activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide the customer with an experience that will always be remembered and with the highest level of responsiveness.
- Project an approachable and professional image in personal appearance, manner, and demeanor.
- Be knowledgeable of local current attractions or events (concerts, theater, sporting events, special events, and more.)
- Responsible for providing special guest services which includes but not limited to, transportation services, restaurant recommendations and reservations, pet services, business referral service, travel and vacation planning and grocery shopping.
- Plans, coordinates and directs social activities and providing general assistance of Clubhouse associated operations. Creates a monthly calendar of events to promote social and recreational interaction of the residents.
- Maintains a master calendar for use of rooms in the Community Center Complex and works to make space available and coordinate the required set-up for Board of Directors and Board Committee meetings, either scheduled or unscheduled as well as other uses appropriate for the community.
- Maintains liaison with the residents, guests, and General Manager. Plans and implements Clubhouse activities and special events; sets up classes and workshops and manages reservations.
- Works with the Activities Committee Chairperson in implementing Clubhouse activities.
- Attends monthly Activities Committee meetings and meets frequently with the Activities Chairperson and designated Committee members on social functions.
- Prepares requests for funds for events, social activities, and activity groups, together with any necessary or requested supporting documentation.
- Administers, with oversight of the General Manager, the Clubhouse Activities Committee budget as approved by the Board of Directors.
- Is available for consultation regarding planned events as required.
- Coordinates with Maintenance Supervisor for set-up requirements of maintenance personnel for major events in the Clubhouse.
- Maintains the Bulletin Board, Clubhouse information center, and flyer rack(s) with current information at the Clubhouse and Business Office.
- Attends, upon request, Committee and special group meetings by invitation of the Chairperson to explain Clubhouse use procedures. Coordinates social and recreational activities with all appropriate groups.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and submits purchase order to restock at the Clubhouse.
- Provides oversight for the Community Center Complex to include opening and securing the building, supervising its use and reporting any needs for care or maintenance to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Enforces all Clubhouse rules and regulations; recommends changes to rules and regulations when appropriate to the General Manager.
- If directed by the General Manager, obtains necessary licenses from departments of the City, County and State. Controls and maintains compliance with health, fire, and liquor regulations pertaining to all facilities.
- Performs research and special projects at the direction of the General Manager.
- Handles the preparation of the register banks for the Share and Wear facility every day, prepares bank deposits and makes bank deposits twice per week.
- Balances the petty cash box once per week and provides the cash box balance to the General Manager.
- Performs the petty cash box reimbursements requests bimonthly and makes change as needed for the petty cash box and Share and Wear master bank.
- Prepares the monthly newsletter with articles / advertisements / updated information related to Activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 1 year related experience, preferably in HOA environment.
- Microsoft Office programs (outlook, Word, Excel, and Publisher)
- General office equipment (copy machine, fax, postage machine, etc.)
- Ability to keyboard a 50 wpm.
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects, use time management skills and exercise independent judgment.
- Intermediate mathematics, spelling and English writing skills.
- Pleasant telephone voice with clear and concise pronunciation of words.
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently.
- Strong internal/external customer relation skills required to communicate effectively with all levels of management, employees, homeowners, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work with confidential/sensitive information and use diplomacy in communicating such information.
- Effective calendar management and follow up skills.
- Professional image or business image per policy.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to operate equipment as defined by the position.
- Valid Driver’s License
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
The position requires proficiency with US English. The individual must have strong written communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with employees and clients at all levels of the organization, both orally and in writing.
Regular business hours and overtime as needed.
If you are interested please e-mail us at email@example.com