Manage all functions of the Accounts Receivable process and other general accounting activities. Effectively interact with all levels of employees, management, clients and vendors. Work with various department representatives throughout the company to ensure that all requests are completed to meet the needs of our clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty efficiently. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare a monthly calendar for preparation of monthly collections items to be given for board meetings.
- Prepare payment plan requests documents for board meetings.
- Process approved payment plans and mail out agreements.
- Provide boards with a monthly status on in-house approved payment plans.
- Charge accounts accordingly for the payment plan monitoring fee
- Process all checks due to delinquency status.
- Respond to emails and calls from homeowners, managers, boards, and collection attorneys.
- Provide write-off and/or recommendations to the boards on alternative ways to collect owed debt.
- Provide boards with bankruptcy updates.
- Provide Delinquency and Status Reports to managers on a monthly basis for their meetings.
- Prepare and provide to managers on a monthly basis a list Assessment Collection items that require board review and authorization.
- Make sure that account statuses are always accurate.
- Review Delinquency Reports before preparing for meetings.
- Prepare and process paperwork for liens.
- Pull Title/Trustee/Property Profile Information.
- Turn accounts over to the association’s Collection Attorney.
- Process attorney payoffs in full or partial payments
- Issue check requests for liens paid in full or foreclosed.
- Process paperwork for release of liens.
- Return and process all checks received due to delinquency status.
- Maintain and purge files
- Process adjustments and fee waiver requests.
- Monitor Settlement/Short Sale Offers between seller and the board, and sometimes with the Collection Attorneys.
- Send out the confirmation and payment plan request received letters.
- Make sure that Collection and Foreclosed Accounts are invoiced accordingly.
- Capture out-of-pocket attorney expense for the Associations.
- Input data into access and create new small claims files.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- At least 1 year of Accounts Receivable experience required
- Excellent customer service and relationship building background/skills
- Bankruptcy and foreclosure experience a must
- Demonstrate effective communication skills consisting of oral, written and listening skills
- Collaborative decision-making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and time management abilities while working in a fast-paced, multitasking environment
- Set and communicate deadlines and follow through on tasks for clients and colleagues
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Property Management background a plus
- Detail oriented
- Must be analytical and proactive
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
If you are interested please e-mail us at email@example.com